- Serves: Makes about 1 litre
- Prep Time: 15 minutes plus freezing
- Effort: easy
- 4 bananas
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3-4 tbsp sugar
- 150 ml buttermilk
1. Peel the bananas and cut into chunks. Arrange in a single layer on a baking tray lined with baking parchment, leaving space between the chunks. Put in the freezer for a few hours until frozen hard.
2. Tip the frozen banana chunks into a food processor. Add the vanilla, sugar and most of the buttermilk.
3. Process to a chunky purée. Then, with the machine still running, pour in the remaining buttermilk in a thin steady stream. Let the machine run until the mixture is beautifully smooth and creamy. Serve at once.
Rate This Recipe