- Serves: 8
- Cook Time:
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 115 g butter
- 115 g brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp plain flour
- 225 g fresh granary breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- juice and grated rind of 1 oranges
- 225 g dried apricots, chopped
- 115 g sultanas
- 115 g raisins
- 1 carrot, peeled & grated
- 4 tbsp whiskey
- custard or ice cream, to serve
1. Grease a 1.2 litre pudding basin and place a piece of greaseproof paper in the bottom.
2. In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar. Beat in the eggs and stir in the flour and breadcrumbs.
3. Add the cinnamon, orange rind and juice, dried apricots, sultanas, raisins, carrot and half the whisky. Mix together thoroughly.
4. Cover with double piece of greaseproof and a single piece of kitchen foil and tie with string.
5. Steam the pudding for 2 hours.
6. Allow the pudding to stand for 15 minutes, before turning out.
7. Flame with the remaining whisky and serve with custard or ice cream.
Rate This Recipe