- Serves: 6
- Cook Time:
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1 heads celery, diced
- 2 red onions, peeled and diced
- 4 carrots, diced
- 100 ml light olive oil
- 1 bunches parsley, leaves and stalks separated, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 8 tomatoes, blanched, skinned and roughly chopped
- 500 g curly kale, blanched and chopped
- 300 g tinned borlotti beans, drained
- 150 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 1 ciabatta bread
1. Cook the celery, onions and carrots in the light olive oil in a large pan until deep brown and caramelised for about 30-40 minutes.
2. Add the finely chopped parsley stalks and the garlic, then the tomatoes, and cook for a further 20 minutes.
3. Add the kale, borlotti beans and some of the water the kale was blanched in, along with plenty of extra virgin olive oil. Tear out the centre of the ciabatta loaf into long shreds and add this to the soup.
4. Check the seasoning, add more extra virgin olive oil then garnish with the parsley leaves to finish.
Rate This Recipe