- Serves: 4-6 as part of a banquet
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 8 clove garlic, crushed
- 4 spring onions, trimmed and finely sliced
- 4 tsp sea salt
- 200 g button mushrooms
- 100 g fresh oyster mushrooms
- 15 g fresh shiitake mushrooms, stems discarded
- 100 g brown mushrooms
- 125 g unsalted butter, roughly chopped
- 110 ml extra virgin olive oil
- pinch of cracked freshly ground white pepper
- 110 g dry white wine
- 100 g fresh enoki mushrooms
- 100 g fresh black cloud ear fungus
- 120 g flat leaf parsley, roughly chopped
Tips and Suggestions
"During my cooking career I have had the pleasure of working with some of the most inspiring and original people." Says Kylie. "How I loved my time working with Stefano and Franca Manfredi in their very special, small, intimate, intense kitchen at The Restaurant Manfredi. To me, this scrumptious mushroom recipe symbolises the Manfredi family: down-to-earth, full of substance, elegant, vibrant and comforting. This ragout is delicious simply served with crusty bread, or as a side dish to accompany roasted poultry or meat. You should be able to get most of the mushroom varieties in leading supermarkets and selected fruit and vegetable stores. If you can't find them all, just use a selection of what's available."
1. Place the garlic, spring onions and salt in a heavy-based pan.
2. Cover with the button, oyster, shiitake and brown mushrooms.
3. Top with butter, olive oil and white pepper and place over a high heat for 5 minutes, without stirring, to allow the flavours of the onions and garlic to penetrate the mushrooms.
4. Add the wine and enoki and black cloud ear fungus, stirring to combine.
5. Reduce the heat and simmer, uncovered, for about 5 minutes, or until mushrooms are just tender. Stir in the parsley and serve at once.
Rate This Recipe