- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1 large bulbs fennel, sliced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 12 Charlotte potatoes, peeled, boiled and cut into ½cm slices
- 2 whole red mullet, filleted
- 2 tbsp Taggiasche olives
- 1 tbsp capers
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1 lemon, juice only
- extra virgin olive oil, for drizzling
1. Preheat the oven to 200C/gas 6. Boil the fennel in salted water until tender.
2. Heat a little olive oil in a large ovenproof frying pan and fry the potatoes until they start to colour. Add the fennel and fry for a further minute.
3. Meanwhile season the mullet fillets with salt and pepper and fry in a little olive oil until golden on both sides. Transfer to the other pan, sitting them on top of the fennel and potatoes, skin-side up. Scatter the olives, capers and parsley on top and cook in the oven for 5 minutes.
4. Remove the pan from the oven, squeeze over the lemon juice and drizzle with extra virgin olive oil.
Rate This Recipe