- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 8 lamb chops
- 20 ml extra virgin olive oil
For the sauce
- 50 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 2 medium red onions, peeled and finely sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and sliced
- 1 tbsp freshleaves rosemary
- 2 large handfulspitted olives, green or black
- 400 g canned chopped tomatoes
- 1 tsp salt
- 200 ml water
For the polenta
- 500 ml light chicken stock
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 120 g polenta
- 100 g gorgonzola cheese, crumbled
1. Lightly season the lamb with salt and pepper and leave covered, at room temperature, until ready to cook.
2. For the sauce: heat the olive oil in a pan and cook the onion slices until coloured, stirring occasionally. Add the garlic and rosemary and cook for a further 2 minutes. Add the olives, tomatoes, salt and water then bring to the boil. Cover with a lid and simmer for 5 minutes.
3. For the polenta: bring the stock to the boil and add the salt and pepper. Reduce the heat so the stock is at a simmer, then slowly pour in the polenta and whisk gently to prevent lumps forming. Stir over a moderate heat until the polenta begins to bubble then cook stirring for a further minute. Mix in the gorgonzola, cover the pot and put to one side.
4. Heat a frying pan or grill. Lightly brush the chops with the oil and cook on a medium-high heat for 4 minutes on each side.
5. To serve, spoon some polenta into the middle of a plate, sit 2 chops on top then spoon over a generous amount of sauce.
Rate This Recipe