- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 650 g white or purple sprouting broccoli
- extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- pinch of dried red chilli flakes, (optional)
- generous squeeze of lemon juice
- black pepper
1. Plunge the broccoli into a large saucepan of lightly salted boiling water. Bring back to the boil and blanch for a couple of minutes until only just tender. Drain thoroughly.
2. Just before serving, pour enough olive oil into a wide, deep frying pan to cover the base. Heat over medium heat.
3. Add the broccoli and turn for a couple of minutes until heated through.
4. Now add the garlic and a flutter of chilli flakes, if using. Cook for another minute or so, turning the broccoli once or twice more.
5. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Squeeze over lots of lemon juice, and serve.
Rate This Recipe