- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Effort: easy
For the tomato sauce
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 8 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 handfuls leaves of basil, torn
For the turkey
- 25 g parmesan, grated
- 4 tbsp plain flour, seasoned generously with salt and black pepper
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 handfuls fresh white breadcrumbs, to coat
- 4 turkey breast escalopes
- olive or vegetable oil, for shallow frying
- 1 balls mozzarella, sliced
- green salad leaves, dressed with olive oil and lemon juice, to serve
Tips and Suggestions
Try serving this dish with a starchy food such as potatoes or brown rice. For more information on healthier eating see eatwell.gov.uk
1. Preheat oven to 180C/Gas 4.
2. For the tomato sauce: heat the olive oil in a frying pan over a medium heat and gently fry the garlic for 1-2 minutes until softened. Stir in the tomatoes and cook for 2-3 minutes to heat through. Set aside.
3. For the turkey: place the seasoned flour in a shallow dish. Mix the parmesan and breadcrumbs together in a second shallow dish then pour the eggs into a third.
4. Dip a turkey escalope in the seasoned flour, shake of any excess, then coat in the egg and finally the breadcrumbs. Repeat with the remaining turkey.
5. Heat the oil in a large heavy-based frying pan over a medium-high heat and fry the escalopes for 2-3 minutes on each side, or until crisp and lightly browned. Drain on kitchen paper.
6. Arrange the escalopes in a single layer in an ovenproof dish. Stir the basil into the tomato sauce then spoon it over the turkey. Top with the slices of mozzarella and transfer to the oven for 10 minutes or until heated through and bubbling.
7. Serve with a dressed green salad.
Rate This Recipe