- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes plus 1 hr marinating
- Effort: easy
- 4 veal escalopes
- 4 slices of Parma ham
- 16 sage leaves
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- 40 ml white wine
- black pepper
- finely grated parmesan
For the spinach and chilli:
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 chilli, finely sliced
- 500 g fresh spinach
1. Place the veal escalope between sheets of cling film and bat out thinly using a cook's mallet or rolling pin.
2. Cut each escalope into four strips and do the same with the Parma ham.
3. Place one slice of the ham on top of each veal strip, top each one with a sage leaf and roll up, forming 16 veal parcels.
4. Once all escalopes are prepared, place them in a shallow dish with the olive oil, white wine, salt and freshly ground pepper. Marinate in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
5. Slide them onto 20cm long wooden skewers and grill them over a hot barbecue for approximately 15 minutes, making sure that you turn them frequently. Alternatively cook them in a large pan with the left over marinated juice for around 15 minutes.
6. While the veal kebabs are cooking, cook the spinach. Heat the olive oil in a saucepan with the garlic and chilli. Add the spinach and salt and cook for around 4 minutes until the spinach has wilted.
7. Once the veal skewers are cooked through, sprinkle the Parmesan cheese on top and grill for 1 minute, until the cheese melts. Serve immediately with the spinach.
Rate This Recipe