- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and sliced
- handfuls dried porcini, soaked in warm water for 15 minutes
- 250 g mushrooms
- 250 ml white wine
- 1 bulbs fennel, sliced and blanched
- 3 tbsp butter
- handfuls thyme
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- olive oil
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 egg, beaten with 2 tbsp water
- fine sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Slice the potatoes and cook until tender in a large saucepan of boiling, salted water - about 8 minutes.
2. Preheat the oven to 220C/gas 7.
3. Drain the porchini from the water and combine with the fresh mushrooms. Pour in the wine, and stir in the fennel, butter, thyme, garlic, olive oil, potatoes and seasoning.
4. Score the chicken breasts with a sharp knife and add to the mushroom mixture.
5. Make a paper bag by folding a 1 metre of sheet of parchment paper in half. Brush all 4 edges with egg wash and fold the paper in half again - you should now have a paper bag. Fold the long side edges over twice, to ensure a tight seal. There'll be one open end for you to add the filling.
6. Place the mushroom mixture into the paper bag and seal the packet, using more egg wash. Carefully slide it onto a roasting tray.
7. Place the tray in the middle of the oven and bake for 35 minutes. Bring the packet to the table and serve.
Rate This Recipe