- Serves: 6
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Prep Time: 45 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 50 ml olive oil
- 1 yellow peppers, deseeded and sliced
- 1 green peppers, deseeded and sliced
- 1 onions, finely sliced
- 2 red onions, finely sliced
- 4 sticks celery, finely sliced
- 2 red chillies, deseeded and finely chopped
- 2 green chillies, deseeded and finely chopped
- 2 tsp paprika
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 450 g turkey breasts, <P> </P> diced
- 1 tbsp thyme, leaves only
- 3 bay leaves
- 250 g long grain rice
- 600 ml vegetable stock
- 150 g chorizo sausages, diced
- 175 g cooked prawns, or crevettes
- 1 bunches spring onions, finely sliced
1. Heat a large frying pan or paella pan, and add the peppers, onions and celery. Cook for about five minutes, until softened.
2. Next, add the chillies, followed by the paprika and garlic. Cook for a few minutes and then stir in the turkey.
3. Lightly bruise the thyme and bay leaves to release the flavour and scatter over the ingredients in the pan. Continue to cook for about 15 minutes.
4. Stir in the rice and pour the stock over. Bubble up the mixture and continue to cook for 10-15 minutes, until the rice has fluffed up, stirring frequently to prevent it sticking.
5. Add the diced chorizo, followed by the crevettes and heat through.
6. Scatter the spring onions over the top and serve immediately.
Rate This Recipe