- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Prep Time: 45 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 350 g short grain rice, or Spanish rice
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 225 g chorizo, or spicy pork sausage, roughly chopped
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 30 g butter
- 1 red onions, peeled and cut into 8 wedges
- 3 peppers, one each of red, yellow and orange, halved, deseeded and roughly chopped
- 2 clove garlic, crushed
- 1.5 tsp smoked paprika, Spanish
- 1 pinches cloves
- 3 bay leaves
- 400 g tin canned chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp sun-dried tomato purée
- 200 ml vegetable stock
- 175 g shrimps, smoked
- 1 pinches flat leaf parsley, to garnish
1. Cook the rice according to the instructions on the packet. Drain and set aside.
2. Meanwhile, heat half of the olive oil in a large shallow pan, add the chorizo and cook for 30 seconds on each side until golden. Remove from pan and set aside.
3. Add the chicken to the pan and cook for 10 minutes, until golden all over. Remove from pan and set aside.
4. Add the remaining oil and the butter to the pan. Add the onions and peppers and cook for 5 minutes or until the vegetables are lightly golden. Stir in the garlic, pimenton, cloves and bay leaves. Cook for 1 minute.
5. Stir in the drained, cooked rice and transfer the chorizo and chicken to the pan. Pour in the tomatoes, tomato puree and stock and bring to the boil. Simmer for 6-8 minutes then add the shrimps and cook for a further 2 minutes, or until most of the liquid has been absorbed. Season to taste, scatter over the parsley and serve straight away.
Rate This Recipe