- Serves: 4
- Prep Time: 15 minutes plus 30 mins chilling
- Effort: easy
- 300 g white cabbage
- 50 g onions
- 1 tsp sunflower or vegetable oil
- 45-60 ml rice vinegar
- 1-2 tsp caster sugar
- light soy sauce, to taste
- 4 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
1. Shred the cabbage and onion. Soak them in iced water for 2 or 3 minutes, drain well and store in a container in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes. This will give the cabbage and onions an extra crispness.
2. When ready to serve, remove them from the refrigerator, add the oil, rice vinegar, sugar and light soy sauce in this order, mixing in each ingredient quickly.
3. Season with salt and pepper, sprinkle the sesame seeds on top and serve immediately.
Rate This Recipe