- Serves: 4-6
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 3 xtuna fillet or tuna steaks, 175-225g each, chopped into small chunks
- handful Japanese panko crumbs
- 1 egg
- 4 cm piece fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 3 spring onions, finely chopped
- 3 portobello mushrooms, chopped finely and cooked in butter for 10 minutes until soft
- vegetable oil, for frying
- soy sauce
- sesame oil
- salt and black pepper
For the salad
- 100 g rocket, stalks removed
- 2 tsp dark soy sauce
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 2 spring onions, finely shredded
1. Put the tuna into a mixing bowl with the ginger, spring onions, mushrooms and salt and pepper. Add the egg and mix everything together. Add a handful of panko breadcrumbs and mix again. Add 5-6 drops of soy sauce and a dash of sesame oil to season.
2. Mix together well and then with slightly wet hands, shape into patties.
3. Heat a lightly oiled non-stick frying pan over a low-medium heat. Add the fish cakes, and fry for about 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown and cooked through. Do not overcrowd the pan; it is better to cook the fish cakes in a few batches.
4. Once the fish cakes are almost cooked put the rocket in a bowl and add the dressing ingredients. Mix together and add the shredded spring onions. Serve alongside the fish cakes.
Rate This Recipe