- Serves: Makes 12 cakes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 120 g non-glutinous white rice flour
- 150 ml water
- 50-70g sugar
- 300 g red bean paste
- soya flour, for dusting
1. Put the white rice flour in a bowl. Gradually pour the water into the bowl gradually, kneading well.
2. Put a wet tea-towel in the steamer. Spread the rice flour mixture evenly over the tea-towel in the steamer. Steam for 15-20 minutes.
3. Push and knead the steamed rice flour mixture in a bowl with a pestle.
4. Knead the mixture, gradually adding in the sugar.
5. When it becomes sticky and glossy, cut it into 12 even-sized pieces. Roll the pieces into balls, then flatten the balls.
6. Divide the red bean paste into 12 balls.
7. Put a red bean paste ball in the centre of each flattened ball and wrap the rice flour paste up around the red bean paste forming a dome shape.
8. Sprinkle the cakes with soybean flour. Serve.
Rate This Recipe