- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 100 g soba noodles
- 100 g green tea noodles
- 100 g carrots, chopped
- 4 spring onions, finely sliced
- 100 g red peppers, chopped
- 100 g yellow peppers, chopped
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds, toasted
- nori seaweed, to garnish
For the lemon soy dressing:
- 100 ml peanut oil
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar, or Mirin
- 1 tsp wasabi
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
For the prawn tempura:
- 500 g uncooked de-veined prawns, fresh or frozen
- 1 egg yolk
- 310 ml ice cold water
- 150 g plain flour, plus extra for dusting the prawns
- vegetable oil, for deep-frying
1. Cook the noodles in a pan of boiling water for 3 minutes, drain and rinse under cold water, drain again.
2. Make the lemon soy dressing by simply mixing all the ingredients together in a bowl.
3. Toss the noodles, carrot, onion, peppers and sesame seeds with the dressing and refrigerate.
4. Meanwhile, make the prawn tempura. First make the batter by combining the egg yolk and water in a bowl, stir in the sifted flour - the mixture should be lumpy.
5. Toss the prawns in the extra flour - shake off any excess.
6. Heat the vegetable oil then fry the prawns in batches until brown and cooked. Drain on paper towel.
7. Fry the nori in the oil until crisp.
8. Divide the noodles between plates; add the tempura and sprinkle with the deep-fried nori.
Rate This Recipe