- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Prep Time: 40 minutes plus 4 hrs marinating
- Effort: easy
- 115 ml shoyu sauce
- 115 ml dry sherry
- 3 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 3 cm piece ginger, finely chopped
- 5 chicken breasts
- freshly ground black pepper
For the Vegetable Stir Fry:
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3cm piece ginger, thinly chopped
- 100 g mange tout or sugar snap peas, slicedfinely sliced
- 200 g carrots, cut into fine matchsticks
- 200 g mooli (white radish), cut into fine matchsticks
- juice and zest of 1 large oranges
- 2 tbsp coriander
1. Place half the Shoyu, half the sherry, half the garlic and half the ginger into a large bowl and mix together thoroughly. Add the diced chicken. Cover with cling film and leave to marinade for at least 4 hours.
2. Thread the marinated chicken onto skewers and grill for 15 minutes. Keep turning and basting with the marinade. Place the remaining Shoyu, garlic and ginger into a small saucepan and warm gently to make a dipping sauce.
3. Meanwhile, for the stir-fry vegetables, heat the oil in a wok. Add the onion and ginger and cook to release the aroma. Add the chopped vegetables and stir to keep moving all the time. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
4. Add the orange juice and zest and cook for a further minute.
5. Season with salt and pepper. Just before serving scatter over the coriander.
6. Serve the chicken kebabs with the stir-fried vegetables and the warm dipping sauce.
Rate This Recipe