- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes plus marinading time
- Effort: easy
- 4 chicken breasts, skin on, or boneless thighs
For the jerk marinade:
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp soy sauce, use gluten free soy sauce if you are making this as a gluten free recipe
- 2 tbsp dark brown sugar
- 4 spring onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 fresh scotch bonnet peppers, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh thyme leaves
- 2 tsp ground allspice
For the mango and radish salsa:
- 1 fresh mango, cubed
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- 50 g radishes, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp fresh thyme leaves
Tips and Suggestions
If you can find allspice berries, grind them yourself or bash them with a pestle and mortar before adding them to the rest of the marinade ingredients.
If you prefer your jerk chicken hotter, add an extra Scotch Bonnet chilli.
Dont forget to wash your hands after handling the chilli.
You can also cook the chicken on the barbecue using the same method as the griddle.
1. For the jerk marinade: Place all the ingredients into a food processor or a handheld electric mini chopper. Blend until smooth. Take a bowl and pour the marinade over the chicken breasts, massaging in and leave overnight if possible, if not for a few hours before cooking.
2. When youre ready to cook, heat up your griddle pan, lightly spray over some oil. Place the chicken breasts skin side down onto the griddle pan and cook for ten minutes, on a medium heat, undisturbed. After ten minutes, turn the chicken breasts over and cook for a further ten minutes. The chicken should be cooked through and the juices should run clear. Leave to one side to rest.
3. For the mango and radish salsa: Mix together the mango, spring onions, radish and thyme leaves. Serve with the griddled jerk chicken.
Love this? Take a look at all of our chicken recipes.
Rate This Recipe