- Serves: 1-2
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- handfuls fresh coriander
- handfuls fresh parsley
- 1/4 scotch bonnet peppers
- 3 spring onions, roughly chopped
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme, leaves only
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground allspice
- 1 lime, zest and juice
- 1-2 tbsp vegetable oil or sunflower oil
- 1 kg mussels, cleaned and debearded (discard any mussels that do not close when firmly tapped)
- 2 tomatoes, peeled, seeds removed, roughly chopped
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
1. Place all of the ingredients, except for the oil, mussels, tomatoes and lemon, into a food processor and blend to a rough paste. Loosen the mixture by mixing in a bit of vegetable or sunflower oil.
2. Heat a wok until smoking, then add the paste. Fry for 1-2 minutes, then add the mussels and cover with a lid. Cook for 3-4 minutes, or until the mussels have opened. Discard any mussels that remain closed. Stir in the chopped tomatoes.
3. To serve, pile the mussels into a large bowl and serve with lemon wedges.
Rate This Recipe