- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 4 red snapper fillets, weighing 150g each
- jerk seasoning
- 2 shallots, sliced
- 1 carrot, thinly sliced
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and thinly sliced
- 4 large pieces banana leaves
- 200 g long grain rice
- 1 tsp thyme, leaves only
- 400 ml tinned coconut milk
- 400 g tinned kidney beans, drained and rinsed
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C/gas 6.
2. Rub each fillet generously with jerk spice mix.
3. Divide the vegetables between the four pieces of banana leaf. Sit a snapper fillet on top. Wrap up well and secure with cocktail sticks. Place the parcels on a baking sheet and roast for about 8 minutes.
4. While the fish is roasting, bring the rice to boil. Add the thyme, coconut and beans and simmer until cooked.
5. Spoon some rice into a ramekin, packing it in well. Turn out onto serving plates. Pop a parcel on each plate, open up, and enjoy.
Rate This Recipe