- Serves: 4
- Cook Time:
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- good sized knob butter
- 750 g jersey royal potatoes
- 100 g pancetta, thinly-sliced
- 12 sage leaves
- black pepper
- 01/2 lemons, juice only
- 300 ml hot chicken stock
- 150 g gruyère cheese, coarsely grated
1. Preheat the oven to 190°C/gas 5. Use some of the butter to lightly butter an ovenproof dish.
2. Slice the potatoes lengthways into 3-4mm thick slices.
3. Scatter the potato slices, pancetta and sage leaves into the dish, seasoning with salt and freshly ground pepper as you go.
4. Stir the lemon juice into the stock and pour over the potatoes.
5. Dot the remaining butter over the top and roast for an hour or so until the top is golden and potatoes are melting and tender.
6. Spoon the one-pot onto four serving plates and top each serving with a handful of Gruyère. Serve swiftly.
Rate This Recipe