- Serves: 8
- Cook Time:
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Effort: medium
For the blini
- 375 g potatoes, peeled weight, cut into chunks
- 375 g jerusalem artichokes, peeled weight, cut into chunks
- 4 eggs, separated
- 75 g flour
- 75 ml double cream
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp chopped rosemary
- 50 g butter
For the topping
- 400 g Blu di Capra cheese, sliced into 8
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 25 g butter
- 250 g jerusalem artichokes, cut into wedges
For the dressing
- 100 ml olive oil
- 35 ml chardonnay vinegar
- 1 tbsp clear honey
- 100 g seasonal baby mixed leaves
- 1 pear, halved, cored and sliced
1. Cook the potatoes and artichokes separately in boiling salted water until soft. Strain and pass both through a sieve. Leave to cool.
2. Beat the egg yolks. Add the flour, cream, mustard, rosemary and beaten egg yolks to the sieved potatoes and jerusalem artichoke mixture.
3. Whisk the egg whites until soft peaks form, then fold into potato mixture. Season with salt and black pepper.
4. Heat the blini pans, add a little butter and then spoon in some of the blini mix.
5. Cook over a medium heat for about 2 minutes on each side.
6. Repeat with the rest of the blini mixture.
7. Preheat the oven or grill to hot.
8. Place a slice of cheese on top of each blini and place in the oven or under the grill until melted.
9. To cook the artichokes: heat a large frying pan until very hot. Add the olive oil and butter and carefully add the artichokes. Season with salt and black pepper and cook over a high heat until golden and tender.
10. To make the dressing: whisk together the olive oil, vinegar and honey.
11. Toss the mixed leaves and pear in the dressing.
12. To serve: scatter the artichokes over the cheese and pile the mixed leaves and pear on top. Serve immediately.
Rate This Recipe