- Serves: 6
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Prep Time: 14 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 500 g foie gras
- 500 g jerusalem artichokes, peeled and chopped
- 200 ml sauternes, (dessert wine)
- 1.3 litres chicken stock
- 100 ml double cream
- 300 g chervil root, peeled and sliced
- 2 tbsp vinaigrette
- 100 g blanched flaked almonds, toasted
1. Slice the foie gras into six 50g pieces with a hot knife and cut any leftovers into cubes.
2. Fry the cubes of foie gras (reserving the slices for later) in a hot frying pan until browned. Add the Jerusalem artichokes and cook, stirring for 2 minute. Season.
3. Pour in the Sauternes and let it bubble up. Cook for a minute before adding the chicken stock. Bring to the boil and simmer until the artichokes are tender. Add the cream and bring back up to the boil.
4. Pour the soup into a blender and blend until smooth. Pass through a sieve back into the pan. Check the seasoning and reheat before serving.
5. Put the chervil root in a hot pan with a knob of butter. Add the vinaigrette and cook until tender.
6. Season the slices of foie gras well and pan fry in a dry, hot pan for 1 minute on each side.
7. To serve, spoon the chervil root into six bowls, sit a slice of foie gras on top and pour around the hot soup. Sprinkle with toasted almonds.
Rate This Recipe