- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1 litres vegetable stock
- 2 tsp salt
- 600 g couscous
- 2 lemons, grated zest
- 100 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon, juice only
- 20 g blanched flaked almonds, toasted
- 20 g ready-to-eat dried apricots, chopped
- 20 g sultanas or raisins
- 2 tbsp flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 2 tbsp coriander, chopped
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Heat the stock in a large pan with the salt. Once it has boiled, remove from the heat and pour in the couscous in a thin, steady stream. Stir in the lemon rind, and set aside for 2 minutes, until the grains have swelled and absorbed all the liquid.
2. Return the couscous to the heat, add the olive oil and cook gently for about 5 minutes, stirring with a long pronged fork to fluff up the grains. Take the pan off the heat.
3. Stir in the almonds, apricots, sultanas and raisins, followed by the parsley and coriander. Season to taste and serve.
Rate This Recipe