- Serves: 4-6
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes plus 5 mins swelling
- Effort: easy
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2-3 tsp curry paste
- 250 g couscous
- 400 ml chicken stock
- 150 g dried apricots, chopped
- 100 g sun-blushed tomatoes
- small bunch thin spring onions, thinly chopped
- 1 bunch of coriander, finely chopped
- 100 g roasted pistachio nuts, shelled
1. Heat the vegetable oil in a heavy-based saucepan and add in the curry paste. Fry briefly, stirring, until fragrant.
2. Take the pan off the heat, add in the couscous and mix well.
3. Meanwhile, bring the stock to the boil in a separate pan.
4. Add in the boiling hot stock, cover the pan tightly and set aside for 5 minutes, allowing the couscous to swell and absorb the stock.
5. Fork through the couscous, or use your hands, to separate the grains.
6. Add the apricots, sun-blush tomatoes and spring onions and fork through.
7. Mix in the coriander, then sprinkle with pistachio nuts and serve.
Rate This Recipe