- Serves: 8
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes plus 1-2 hrs chilling
- Effort: medium
- 200 ml double cream
- 100 ml sake
- 2 vanilla pods
- grated zest of 1 lemons
- grated zest of 1 limes
- grated zest of 1 oranges
- 250 g caster sugar
- 25 g dried red fruits, macerated in a little sake
- 5 leaves of gelatine, soaked and softened
- 8 disc-shaped tuiles
- red fruit coulis, to garnish
- mixed summer berries, to garnish
- icing sugar, for dusting
- 8 shiso leaves
1. In a saucepan, simmer the double cream, sake, vanilla pods, lemon zest, lime zest, orange zest and caster sugar for 3-4 minutes, stirring now and then, until the sugar dissolves.
2. Remove from the heat and stir in the softened gelatine leaves, mixing thoroughly.
3. Divide the dried red fruits among 8 ramekin dishes. Strain the sake mixture into the 8 ramekin dishes. Cool, then chill in the fridge until set, allowing 1-2 hours.
4. To serve the panna cotta, quickly dip each ramekin into very hot water, then turn out each panna cotta onto a serving plate.
5. Top each panna cotta with a tuile disc, drizzle with red fruit coulis and garnish with berries. Dust with icing sugar and top with a shiso leaf. Serve.
Rate This Recipe