- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 2 x 75 g boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 40 g unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 4 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 50 g fresh white breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp freshly grated parmesan
- 1 tbsp plain flour, seasoned with salt and pepper
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1-2 tbsp vegetable oil
For the butter bean puree
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 400 g butter beans, drained
- 75 g mature Cheddar or gruyère cheese, finely diced
- a knob of butter
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh coriander, (optional)
- a few drops Tabasco or other hot chilli sauce
- salt and pepper
- lemon wedges and green salad, to serve
1. Using a small knife, horizontally cut a pocket into each chicken breast.
2. Mix together the butter, parsley, garlic and plenty of salt and pepper. Spoon the mixture into the pocket of each chicken breast. Stir together the breadcrumbs and Parmesan.
3. Dust the chicken breasts in the seasoned flour then the beaten egg and finally, roll in the breadcrumb mixture. Heat the vegetable oil in a large frying pan and cook the chicken for 5-6 minutes on each side until golden brown and cooked through.
4. To make the butter bean purée heat the olive oil in a small pan and cook the onion for 5 minutes until softened. Add the beans to the pan and cook gently for 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until warmed through. Add the cheese to the pan with the butter, stirring until melted.
5. Using a hand blender, whizz the mixture until smooth and creamy. Stir in the coriander, if using, and add salt, pepper and Tabasco to taste. Spoon the purée onto serving plates and top with the chicken kiev. Serve with lemon wedges and crisp green salad.
Buy Ainsley's All New Meals in Minutes
Rate This Recipe