- Serves: 6
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1 tbsp oil
- 8 pork chipolata sausages
- 8 rindlessrashers unsmoked back bacon
- 2 onions, chopped into large chunks
- 5 tomatoes, sliced
- 5 medium potatoes, sliced
- bread and butter, to serve
1. Heat the oil in a large, deep frying pan. Add the sausages to the pan and fry, turning frequently, for 810 minutes until browned. Remove from the pan and cut each one into 3 pieces, then return them to the pan. Add the bacon and continue frying until the pieces are browned. Stir in the onions and cook until browned.
2. Cover the contents of the pan with boiling water, but dont fill it to the top. Add the potatoes and reduce the heat to a simmer and continue cooking until they are tender; you may need to top up the liquid with more boiling water.
3. Add the tomatoes and crumble the stock cubes into the pan. Stir well and continue simmering until the tomatoes are soft. Serve on plates rather than in bowls, and accompany with lots of chunky bread and butter.
Rate This Recipe