- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
For the John Dory
- 2 limes, juice only
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 4 john dory fillets, about 150g each, skin on
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil or olive oil
- knob of butter
For the cucumber salad
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 lemon, juice and grated zest only
- 5 tbsp creme fraiche
- 1 large cucumber, peeled and cut into thin strips
- 24 pitted green olives, finely sliced
- 1 tbsp capers
- 1 tbsp chopped mint
1. For the John Dory: pour the lime juice into a shallow dish and stir in the salt. Place the John Dory fillets in the dish, skin-side up, and set aside for 20 minutes.
2. For the lemon, caper and cucumber salad: whisk together the honey, lemon juice and zest in a bowl. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper then stir in the crème fraîche. Add the cucumber, olives and capers and toss together until coated. Set aside until ready to serve.
4. To cook the fish, heat the oil and butter in a large heavy-based frying pan over a medium-high heat. Remove the fish from the lime juice and pat dry with kitchen paper.
5. Fry the fish, skin-side down, for 2-3 minutes, then turn and cook for a further 2 minutes on the flesh side.
6. To serve, stir the mint through the caper and cucumber and divide between 4 serving plates. Arrange the fish on top of the salad, skin-side up, and serve straight away.
Rate This Recipe