- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 7 minutes
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 6 tinned anchovies, salted or in oil, drained
- 1 sprigs rosemary, leaves only
- 1 lemon, zest and juice only
- 100 ml extra virgin olive oil, plus extra for frying
- 2 john dory fillets, skin on
- 2-3 purple sprouting broccoli, trimmed
- 1 tsp finely chopped red chillies
- 1 clove garlic, sliced
- 1 bunches lemon thyme
1. In a pestle and mortar, combine anchovy fillets, rosemary and lemon zest and pound to a paste.
2. Whisk in the olive oil, a little at a time, to make the dressing.
3. Bring a large saucepan of salted water to the boil. Drop in the broccoli, bring back to the boil to blanch for 1 minute, then remove from the heat and drain immediately.
4. Heat an extra 1 teaspoon of olive oil in a frying pan. Add the chilli, garlic and drained broccoli and toss until heated through, then remove to a serving plate.
5. Heat another frying pan and add an extra 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Season the fish fillets with salt and freshly ground black pepper and put them into the pan, skin side down, over medium heat.
6. Add a couple of sprigs of lemon thyme to the pan. Turn the fish over with the thyme underneath and continue to fry until just cooked. Remove from the heat.
7. To serve, place the fish on top of the broccoli and dress with the anchovy and rosemary dressing.
Rate This Recipe