- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 700 g waxy potatoes, peeled and very finely sliced
- 75 g butter, melted, plus extra for buttering
- black pepper
- 2 john dory, each 700g, cleaned and gutted
- 125 ml white wine
- chopped flat leaf parsley, to serve
1. Bring a large saucepan of salted water to the boil. Add the potato slices and blanch for 3-5 minutes; drain.
2. Preheat the oven to 180°C/gas 4.
3. Generously butter a large, shallow, ovenproof dish. Spread a layer of approximately half the sliced potato over the bottom of the dish. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper and drizzle over around a third of the melted butter.
4. Place the John Dory on top of the potato. Drizzle with around a third of the melted butter and season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
5. Cover the fish with the remaining potato slices. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper. Drizzle over the remaining melted butter and the white wine.
6. Bake for 30 minutes, basting often during cooking.
7. Preheat the grill. Grill the gratin until it turns golden brown.
8. Sprinkle with the parsley and serve.
Rate This Recipe