- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 2 kippers, fresh
- 100 g butter
- 3 tbsp parsley, finely chopped
- 1/2 apple
- 50 ml cider
- 1 limes, juice and zest
1. Place the kippers into a tall jug with the tails sticking out of the top and pour boiling water carefully into the jug, right up to the top. Leave for 2-3 minutes.
2. Beat the butter and parsley together in a bowl and then slowly beat the grated apple and cider into the butter. Set aside.
3. Drain the kippers and place a warm kipper on each of two warmed plates.
4. Top the kippers with the butter, squeeze over the lime juice and scatter with a little grated zest. Serve with buttered bread.
Variations: This butter can also be used on grilled kippers
Rate This Recipe