- Serves: 1-2
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 coriander roots, plus stems
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp red curry paste
- 1/2 tbsp curry powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 275 ml coconut milk
- 1 1/2 tsp palm sugar
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 tbsp tamarind paste
- 20 g onions, finely sliced
- 30 g white button mushrooms, quartered
- 30 g aubergines
- 30 g broccoli, broken into florets
- 20 g mangetout
- 2 cherry tomatoes, halved
- dashes of coconut cream, to garnish
1. Using a pestle and mortar, pound the garlic with the coriander roots and stems into a paste.
2. Heat the vegetable oil in a wok until hot. Add the garlic paste and red curry paste and stir-fry for 2 minutes until fragrant.
3. Add the curry powder and turmeric and stir-fry for 1 minute.
4. Add the coconut milk and bring to the boil. Mix in the sugar and soy sauce.
5. Add the onion, mushrooms, aubergine, broccoli, mangetout and cherry tomatoes and simmer until the vegetables are just tender, around 5 minutes.
6. Serve garnished with a dash of coconut cream.
Rate This Recipe