- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 50 g butter
- 1 small onion, (about 125g), chopped
- 300 g basmati rice
- 750 ml chicken or vegetable stock
- 200-225 g curly kale, chopped
1. In a large saucepan, melt half the butter, add the chopped onion and cook on a low heat for about 10 minutes until the onion is soft.
2. Increase the heat, add the rice and stir on the heat for about 2 minutes. Add the stock and some salt and freshly ground black pepper. Bring to the boil, then turn the heat down as low as possible and cove the pan again. Simmer for about 10 minutes, or until the rice is just cooked and all the liquid absorbed. Remove from the heat and leave the rice to stand, covered, while you cook the kale.
3. Melt the remaining butter in a large saucepan, add the kale and 2 tablespoons of water, and cook over a medium heat for 3-4 minutes or until the kale is just wilted.
4. To serve: fold the kale through the rice and season to taste.
Rate This Recipe