- Serves: 2-4
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 4 tbsp light olive oil
- 150 g free-range chicken livers, cleaned
- 50 g pancetta, diced
- 150 g kale, shredded
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp chicken stock
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Maldonsea salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Heat 2 tablespoons of the light olive in a large wok. When it is smoking hot add the chicken livers, season well with salt and black pepper and fry for 1-2 minutes until browned on the outside but still very pink on the inside (they will be cooked a little more later). Remove the livers and keep warm.
2. Heat the remaining light olive oil in the wok and fry the pancetta until beginning to crisp. Then, making sure your pan is really hot, toss in the kale and stir-fry over a very high heat for one minute.
3. Return the livers to the pan, then stir in the balsamic vinegar and the stock. Cook for another thirty seconds before taking off the heat.
4. Check the seasoning and mix in the extra virgin olive oil. Serve immediately on warmed plates.
Rate This Recipe