- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 cloves
- 1 tsp black peppercorns, roughly crushed
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- 1 tsp garlic paste
- 600 g chicken breast fillets, cubed
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- 300 ml natural yogurt
- boiled rice, to serve
For the tomato salad:
- 4 tomatoes, sliced
- squeeze of lemon juice
- handful of fresh coriander leaves
1. Heat the sunflower oil in a wok. Add the bay leaf, cloves and peppercorns, and fry briefly, stirring in the ginger and garlic pastes.
3. After 30 seconds, add the chicken and mix well.
4. Add the turmeric, chilli powder and salt and allow the chicken to cook in its juices.
5. Meanwhile, place the tomatoes in a serving dish. Season with a sprinkling of salt and lemon juice. Sprinkle with coriander leaves.
6. Stir the whisked yoghurt into the chicken, mixing well.
7. Heat the chicken curry through, check the seasoning and serve with boiled rice and the tomato salad.
Rate This Recipe