- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes plus 30 mins marinating
- Effort: easy
For the kebabs
- 450 g meat from lamb shoulder
- 1 small egg, beaten
- 3 tbsp potato starch
- ground cumin
- ground chillies
For the salad
- bunches coriander
- 1 green pepper
- 1 mild white or red spring onion
- mild chilli oil
- chinkiang vinegar
- thick Greek yogurt
- round flatbreads
Tips and Suggestions
if you have access to the flesh of the fat-tailed sheep, alternate the chunks of lean meat with the chunks of tail fat.
1. For the kebabs: cut the lamb into 2 cm chunks and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
2. Combine the beaten egg with the potato starch in a small bowl - it will be a lumpy mixture - and add to the lamb. Mix well and set aside for half an hour or so.
3. Preheat the grill or prepare the barbecue.
4. String the lamb chunks onto flat metal kebab skewers and grill or barbecue the kebabs, turning until cooked through. As they cook, sprinkle generously with salt, cumin and ground chillies.
5. For the salad: finely dice all of the ingredients and dress with the chilli oil and vinegar.
6. Serve the kebabs with the salad, flat bread and a bowl of thick Greek yogurt.
Rate This Recipe