- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 200 g boneless leg of lamb, steaks
- squeeze of lemon juice
- dash olive oil
- 1 red cabbage, shredded
- 1 cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tomato, cut into eighths
- 0 1 limes, juice only
- 2 tbsp fresh coriander, chopped
- 3 tbsp Greek yogurt
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 2 pitta bread
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- handful flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 2-3 Guindillas peppers, pickled
For the chilli sauce
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1 white onion, diced
- 2 tbsp parsley
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- olive oil
- 1 red chilli
1. For the chilli sauce: put all the ingredients for the chilli sauce into a blender and blend until smooth.
2. Add the chilli sauce to a pan and heat over a medium heat until slightly thickened.
3. Place the lamb in a bowl and cover with a squeeze of lemon juice and a drizzle of olive oil. Cook on a griddle pan for about 4 minutes or until cooked on both sides but still pink in the middle.
4. Put the red cabbage, cucumber, onion and tomato into a bowl. Add a drizzle of olive oil, a squeeze of lime juice and the fresh coriander and mix together.
5. Put 3 tablespoons of yoghurt into a bowl along with 1 of the crushed garlic cloves and the juice of half a lime. Mix together adding a little pepper.
6. Mix the ground coriander and then cumin together with the juice of half a lemon, a drizzle of olive oil, the other crushed garlic clove and salt and pepper. Remove the lamb from the heat and cover completely in the above marinade. Allow to rest for 5 minutes.
7. Toast the pitta bread so that it is warm but not too crispy.
8. Thinly slice the lamb and add back to the marinade. Turn it over in the mixture so that all the pieces are covered.
9. Assemble the kebab. Put some salad at the bottom of the pita bread. Add the lamb, garlic yoghurt and the chilli sauce. Serve immediately with the peppers on the side.
Rate This Recipe