- Serves: 6
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 40 minutes plus cooling and chilling
- Effort: medium
- 200 g Viscount biscuits, ashed into crumbs
- 50 g butter, melted
- 350 g mascarpone
- 50 g caster sugar
- 350 g white chocolate, melted
- 350 ml whipping cream, whipped
- few drops of peppermint essence
- 100 g kendal mint cake, chopped
For the topping:
- 35 g caster sugar
- 175 ml whipping cream
- 85 g dark chocolate, 70% cocoa solids
- 35 g butter
For the syrup:
- 175 ml port
- 100 g caster sugar
1. Mix the bashed biscuits with the melted butter. Press the mixture into the bottom of six 10cm metal cooking rings, placed on a tray. Leave in a cool place to set.
2. To make the filling, beat the mascarpone and sugar together until smooth. Stir in the white chocolate, mixing well. Fold in the whipped cream, peppermint essence and the Kendal mint cake.
3. Spoon the mixture into the metal rings leaving a little space at the top.
4. To make the topping, boil the sugar and cream together for a few minutes until it turns pale yellow. Mix in the chocolate and butter, stirring until melted. Remove from the heat and leave to cool. Spread over the cheesecake filling and leave in the fridge to set.
5. Make the syrup by simmering the port with the sugar for 7-10 minutes until thickened. Allow to cool.
6. To serve, unmould the cheesecakes on serving plates, and drizzle the syrup around.
Rate This Recipe