- Serves: 6
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 200 g chocolate digestive biscuits
- 50 g butter, melted
- 1 x 325 g can condensed milk
- 1 egg
- 5 limes, grated zest of 3 limes and juice of 5
- 1 lemon, juice only
- ice cream, to serve
1. Preheat the oven to 200C/gas 6. To make the pie base, pop the biscuits into a roomy plastic bag and secure at one end. Crush, with a rolling pin, until they resemble crumbs. Transfer the crumbs to a mixing bowl and add the melted butter. Stir well to combine.
2. Tip the crumbs into the base of a 22cm loose-bottomed cake tin, pressing down well with your hand.
3. Lightly whisk the condensed milk with the egg. Stir in the lime zest from 2 limes along with the lime and lemon juice.
4. Pour this mixture onto the biscuit base in the cake tin. Scatter over the remaining lime zest.
5. Bake the pie for about 10 minutes, until just beginning to firm-up. Cool slightly before chilling in the fridge.
6. Remove the pie from its tin and serve with ice cream.
Rate This Recipe