- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 1.6666666666666667 hours 40 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 carrot, finely diced
- 1 stick celery
- 3 clove garlic, sliced
- 3 bay leaves
- 6 black peppercorns, crushed
- 1kg jar of ready cooked sauerkraut, drained
- 1 bottle of Polish or German beer
- 250 ml chicken stock
- 500g piece smoked belly pork
- 500 g Kielbasa sausages
1. Heat the oil in a large ovenproof casserole dish over a moderate heat and fry the onions, carrots, celery, garlic, bay leaves, and peppercorns.
2. Add the drained sauerkraut and stir well. Allow the mixture to heat though and then add the beer and stock. Don't allow the mixture to become too wet.
3. Add the pork and the sausage.
4. Set the oven to 180°C/gas 4. Cover and cook for 90 minutes.
5. Spoon the sauerkraut into a bowl and slice the sausage and pork belly on top. Add a dollop of sour cream and serve immediately.
Rate This Recipe