- Serves: 2
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 2 kippers, pairs, undyed
- 1 blocks slightly salted butter
- 1 pinches cayenne pepper
- 1 pinches mace
- 3 tbsp double cream
- 1 lemons, juice only
- 1 pinches black pepper
- 4 slices brown bread
Tips and Suggestions
This mixture will keep in the fridge for up to a week in an airtight container.
1. Place the kippers into a large jug or tray and immerse in boiling water. Leave for a few minutes before draining the hot water off and removing the skin and bones from the kippers.
2. Weigh the flesh and blend while still warm with an equal amount of butter.
3. Stir in the cream, and then add the cayenne pepper and mace.
4. Season with salt, freshly ground black pepper and a little lemon juice.
5. Serve with hot brown buttered toast.
Rate This Recipe