- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 550 g boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 70 ml soy sauce
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 3 tbsp rice wine
- ½ tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 dried red chillies, cracked open
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 onion, roughly chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped into matchsticks
- 1 courgette, chopped into matchsticks
- 200 g vermicelli rice noodles
- 100 ml chicken stock
- 2 spring onions, trimmed and finely sliced
- ½ red chillies, finely sliced
- small handful coriander, roughly torn
1. Put the chicken in a large, shallow flameproof casserole and pour over the soy sauce, oyster sauce, rice wine, sesame oil, brown sugar, ground ginger, black pepper dried chillies and garlic
2. Mix everything together really well and heat over a medium heat. Put the onion, carrot and courgette in the casserole dish with the chicken and mix together. It will look a little dry at this stage, but dont worry lots of lovely juices will come from the chicken and vegetables.
3. Bring to the boil, cover and reduce the heat to low. Simmer gently for 15 minutes, or until the chicken is just cooked through.
4. Meanwhile put the noodles in a large mixing bowl, cover with boiling water and leave to one side to soften for about 10 minutes. Pour the stock into a small saucepan and heat gently over a medium-low heat.
5. Once the chicken is cooked, drain the noodles in a colander and add them to the casserole in four little piles. Pour over the stock, then cover and cook for another 10 minutes to allow the noodles to soak up the sauce. Scatter the spring onions, chilli and coriander over the dish and serve.
Like this? Take a look at lots more of our Korean recipes.
Rate This Recipe