- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes plus 20 minutes marinating
- Effort: medium
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breast fillets
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1/2 tbsp ginger paste
- 1/2 tbsp garlic paste
- 1/2 tsp ground turmeric
- 1/2 tsp black peppercorns
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 3 cloves
- 2.5 cm peice cinnamon sticks
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 medium onions, thinly sliced
- 10 curry leaves
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander leaves
- steamed rice, to serve
1. Put the chicken into a non-reactive bowl. Add the lime juice, ginger paste, garlic paste, turmeric and a pinch of salt. Toss the chicken to coat thoroughly and set the bowl aside for 20 minutes.
2. Heat a small heavy-based frying pan and dry-fry the pepper, cumin, cloves and cinnamon until fragrant and lightly toasted. Transfer to a mortar and pestle and grind into a coarse powder.
3. Heat the oil in a medium heavy-based pan and fry the onion and curry leaves until the onion is light brown in colour.
4. Add the marinated chicken and toss until well coloured, then add the ground spice powder and cook on high heat until the chicken is cooked through, adding a little water as you cook to keep it moist.
5. Stir in the chopped coriander and serve with rice.
Rate This Recipe