- Serves: 1
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 3-4 fresh kumquats
- 1 tsp chopped fresh ginger
- 50 ml Belvedere vodka
- dashes of simple syrup, (see cooks note below)
- Fever-tree ginger ale
- hand-cracked ice cubes, (see cooks note below)
Tips and Suggestions
To make simple syrup (also known as sugar syrup): combine 250g granulated sugar and 250ml water in a saucepan. Bring the mixture to a boil for a few seconds and set aside to cool.
To make your own hand-cracked ice, boil and cool some water, then pour it into a clean, empty ice cream tub. Freeze until completely solid. Remove it from the freezer, run it briefly under a hot tap to remove the block from the tub then pop it back into the freezer to double-freeze. To use it, put the ice block on a tea towel to prevent it from slipping, and chip pieces from it as needed.
1. Gently muddle (that is, press down on) the fresh ginger and kumquats in a rock glass.
2. Chip some hand-cracked ice into the glass.
3. Add the Belvedere and simple syrup and stir to chill.
4. Top up with ginger beer.
Rate This Recipe