- Serves: 6
- Prep Time: 10 minutes plus overnight draining
- Effort: easy
- 500 g Greek yogurt
- 1/2 tsp table salt
- 1 small clove garlic, crushed
- 2 tbsp parsley, chopped
- 1 tbsp chives, thinly snipped
1. In a bowl, stir together the yogurt, salt, garlic, parsley and chives.
2. Line a colander or large sieve with a muslin cloth and spoon in the mixture. Tie the top with a piece of string and hang from a horizontal wooden spoon or doorknob making sure to place a bowl underneath to catch the drips. Leave overnight in a cool place and by morning it will have firmed up into a ball of soft cheese that's perfect for spreading or dipping into.
3. Put the ball, still in its cloth, into a plastic bag and pack into a cool bag. Take on your picnic along with the bruschetta and crudités. Remember to take a pair of scissors along to snip the string.
Rate This Recipe