- Serves: makes 10
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
For the biscuits
- 100 g butter, softened
- 100 g caster sugar
- 100 g ground almonds
- 100 g flour
Chocolate butter filling
- 50 g plain chocolate, broken into pieces
- 20 g butter
1. Preheat oven to 180c (350F) Gas 4.
2. Beat the butter and sugar together.
3. Work in the ground almonds and flour until the mixture forms a stiff dough.
4. Break off 20 pieces the size of walnuts and form into balls.
5. Arrange on baking sheets, leaving a little room between each.
6. Bake in a preheated oven and transfer to a wire rack to cool.
7. Meanwhile melt the chocolate in a bowl set over a saucepan of gently simmering water (or microwave on full power for 1-2 mins, stirring halfway through).
8. Remove from the heat, stir in the butter and leave to cool.
9. When the biscuits are cool, use the chocolate butter to sandwich them together.
From Cafe Italia, published by Ryland, Peters and Small
Rate This Recipe