- Serves: 3
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 50 minutes plus proving dough
- Effort: medium
- 175 g lean minced lamb
- 175 g finely chopped onions
- ¼ tsp chillies, finely chopped (optional)
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ginger
- ¼ tsp ground fenugreek seeds
- ¼ tsp ground allspice
- 3 tomatoes, peeled, deseeded and finely chopped
- ½ small red peppers, deseeded and finely chopped
- ½ small green peppers, deseeded and finely chopped
- 50 g pine kernels
- black pepper
- rocket salad, to serve
For the pizza bases:
- ½ tbsp fast action dried yeast
- ½ tsp sugar
- 150 ml lukewarm water
- 450 g strong wholemeal flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander
Tips and Suggestions
If there is any dough left over, it can be easily be wrapped in cling film and put in the freezer for a couple of months.
If there is any remaining lamb mixture this can be stored in a refrigerator and used at a later date.
1. First make the pizza bases. Put the yeast and sugar in a small bowl with the warm water. Sift the flour and salt into a mixing bowl. Make a well in the centre, add the oil and pour the yeast mixture into the well. Mix to a dough, then knead for about 10 minutes until the dough is smooth and elastic. Cover and leave to rest in a warm place for 30 minutes, or until doubled in bulk.
2. Put the lamb, onion and spices in a large bowl. Add the tomatoes, peppers and pine nuts. Stir with a fork until evenly mixed.
3. Preheat the oven to 200°C/gas 6.
4. Mix the coriander into the risen dough. Divide into small balls. Roll out each ball into a 23cm circle. Spread some of the lamb mixture on each pizza base.
5. Arrange on an oiled baking tray, and bake for 15-20 minutes or until the meat is cooked through.
6. Serve warm with a rocket salad.
Rate This Recipe