- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 1 hour 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- olive oil spray
- 300 g very lean lamb, (from leg or neck fillet), cut into small pieces
- 1 onion, roughly chopped
- 2 stick celery
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 2 sprigs rosemary
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 410 g canned chopped tomatoes
- 2 bay leaves
- 2x410 g cans black-eyed beans, drained and rinsed
- 300 g Savoy cabbage, roughly chopped
- freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/gas 4. Heat a flameproof casserole over a high heat and spray lightly with the oil spray. Fry the lamb in batches until browned all over. Set aside.
2. To the same casserole dish, add the onion, celery, carrots, garlic, rosemary and a splash of water. Cook for 8-10 minutes, until the vegetables have started to soften.
3. Return the lamb to the casserole and add the Worcestershire sauce, chopped tomatoes and bay leaves, mixing well. Pour in 300ml water. Cover and cook in the oven for 45 minutes.
4. Remove the casserole from the oven. Stir in the beans and cabbage, adding extra water if necessary. Return to the oven for a further 15 minutes. Season to taste with pepper before serving.
Rate This Recipe