- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Prep Time: 30 minutes plus 20-40 mins marinating
- Effort: easy
- 1 small pineapple
- 450 g lamb loin, sliced into thin strips
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 4 tsp fresh lime juice
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tsp chopped ginger
- 2 Thai red chillies, chopped
- 50 g mangetout
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tbsp rice wine
- 150 ml pineapple juice
- 2 tbsp green peppercorns
For the sweet and sour rice:
- 125 g wild rice
- 125 g basmati rice
- black pepper
- 50 g natural yogurt
- 1 tsp clear honey
- grated zest and juice of 1 limes
- deep-fried spring onions
- sprigs coriander
1. Cut the pineapple into two halves, lengthways. Scoop out the flesh (discarding the tough inner core), reserving both the flesh and the shells.
2. In a food processor or jug blender process half the pineapple flesh into a puree.
3. Slice the remaining pineapple in half into two even slices, lengthways. Heat a griddle pan until hot and griddle the pineapple slices on both sides, allowing 1 minute per side.
4. Place the strips of lamb in a bowl. Toss with the pineapple puree, garlic and lime juice. Cover and set aside to marinate in the refrigerator for 20-40 minutes.
5. Drain the lamb, reserving the marinade. Coat the meat in the cornflour.
6. Heat the sesame oil in a heavy-based frying pan. Add the lamb and the onion and stir-fry over a high heat for 2-3 minutes.
7. Add the ginger, chillies and mangetout and stir-fry briefly.
8. Add the soy sauce, rice wine, pineapple juice, green peppercorns and reserved marinade and stir-fry for 3-4 minutes.
9. Meanwhile, cook the rice. Place the wild rice and Basmati rice in separate saucepans. Cover with salted water and bring to the boil. Cook briskly until tender. Drain both the wild rice and the Basmati.
10. Mix the wild and Basmati rice together in a bowl. While the rice is still hot, fold in the yoghurt, honey, lime zest and juice and season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
11. To serve, fill the pineapple shells with the stir-fried lamb, then place a griddled pineapple slice next to each shell. Serve with the sweet and sour rice, garnished with deep-fried spring onions and coriander sprigs.
Rate This Recipe